Additional Permit Information

View information for the county, state and federal permitting:

Permit Type
 County Permits
Film Permit Application
Required for all film productions.
County Permits
Cover general access to county roads and public areas, including parks and county facilities. Although there are exceptions, most beach parks (the grassy areas fronting sandy beaches) are on county property.
Historic District
Any filming activity in certain parts of Lahaina, Iao Valley, Wailuku or any other designated historic district must be cleared through the Maui County Film Office.MCFO
State Permits
State Parks
Cover all sandy beaches, airports, harbors and certain beach parks and any filming of marine activities. Certain roads within Maui County, such as Hana Highway, are also under state jurisdictionState of Hawaii Film Office
Federal Permits
Haleakala Park Special Use Permit
Cover any production activity within Haleakala National Park and the Kipahulu area.National Park Service
Traffic Assistance and Street Closure
Film Permit Application
Depending on the activity, you are usually required to post adequate signs and safety aids several days in advance and hire special duty police officers to facilitate traffic flow. You may be required by permit to obtain a special duty police officer or may want a police presence during filming.MCFO